Sunday, August 31, 2008

Last Day of Camp

I had mixed feelings about the end of training camp yesterday, since it will be my last as a Concordia Stinger, and I have to look ahead to a season during which I will experience everything as a varsity athlete for the last time. We're relatively healthy, and I have to admit that of the 5 training camps I've survived, this year's was the least physically exhausting. Not to say we're ill-prepared though, as our practices were all high-tempo, and our focus was on execution. Our trip to Saskatchewan also helped to alleviate some of the rigor of of what would otherwise have been successive t0-a-days, and also provided us with a very good pre-season tune-up. 

We start game-planning for our home-opener against Bishop's as of tomorrow morning, and we're all very anxious to play this game. I know Bishop's will be hoping to avenge their defeat in last year's playoffs, and we'll be looking to set a tone for the season.