Friday, September 5, 2008

Complaining About Weather

Well I guess these hot and muggy days that we usually get in July are only showing up now; and they couldn't be any more unwelcome, as far as I'm concerned, especially during the football season. I usually don't even enjoy temperatures above 25 degrees unless I'm pool-side, or on vacation- let alone when I'm underneath my helmet and ten pounds of padding. It's tougher to breathe and easier to cramp up in the heat, and it drains your fluids and energy.

I know I'm complaining, but at least it will be the same conditions for both teams tonight when we play Bishops. And though I was cursing the weather this past Tuesday and Wednesday, we were able to get in two high-tempo practices during those hot days, which should be of help to us tonight. 

Since I typically complain about the heat pretty often, people always respond to me by saying that I'll be wishing for this weather by the time winter comes around- not true. And if you come out to see us play in a snowy November play-off game later this season, I guarantee that I'll be sleeve-less on the field!