Tuesday, August 12, 2008

New feature on Stingers website

The 2008 CIS athletic season is fast approaching, and as a new feature on our Stingers website, I will have the privilege of commenting on any aspect of it. As a football player, you can expect to get a healthy dose of football related commentary, but will do my best to branch out and touch on the other sports in which we participate.

I’ll use this first entry to briefly introduce myself to those who are unfamiliar with me. This will be my fifth and final season playing for Concordia. Though I have already completed all of the requirements towards my B.F.A. in Film Animation. I couldn’t resist the temptation to exploit all five of my years of eligibility, in hopes of attaining a better team result than ever before. I’m excited at the skill and potential that we have this season, returning many key veterans from last year’s team.

Personally, I’m entering this campaign in the best condition I’ve ever been in. Though I was uncertain for a time whether I would be able to play this season, I was training hard throughout the winter months in hopes of getting an opportunity to try-out for a CFL team. This didn’t happen- going un-drafted turned into motivation though, and I continued my training regiment in hoping to make a greater individual contribution to the team than ever before. I have no excuses either; I’ve got a free membership to a gym that is connected to my apartment by an underground parking lot!

So check back for my updates, as I will be posting 2-3 times per week, and get insight into the Concordia Stingers from someone who will be living through the ups and downs. I’ll do my best to give readers a behind-the-scenes perspective on the events and issues we will encounter this upcoming season.